Skip to main content

Visiting (Transient) Students

Current Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students attending another college or university who have a grade-point average of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better and who are eligible to return to their current institution may be admitted as visiting students. Visiting students must submit a .

*You must also submit a copy of your current college ID card and a copy of your unofficial transcript with your application. You will be registered once our priority registration has ended.*

Undergraduate students who do not plan to return to their current institution are not considered visiting students and should apply for admission as transfer students. Click here for more information on applying as a transfer student.

Current High School Students

Current high school students who wish to enroll in undergraduate courses at JCU prior to earning their high school diploma may be admitted as visiting students, provided they have a cumulative grade-point average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale).  With permission from their guidance counselor, students must submit a copy of their most recent high school transcript along with the .  Ƶ University no longer participates in the College Credit Plus (CCP) program; therefore, high school students who enroll in courses at JCU are responsible for paying the cost of the courses at the full undergraduate rate.

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Undergraduate non-degree seeking students, that is, those students who have not earned a Bachelor’s degree, and do not wish to take courses toward a degree, must submit the . Non-degree seeking student registration begins after JCU priority registration has ended. 

Post-Baccalaureate Students

Please complete the if you are a non-degree seeking student who already holds a Baccalaureate degree. By choosing 'Other Post-Baccalaureate work' on the application you can apply to take classes for personal enrichment, prerequisites, licensure requirements, or as a visiting student. Please note that non-degree seeking Post-Baccalaureate students can take unlimited undergraduate courses but are limited to 2 graduate level courses.


Contact Us

216.397.4294 | 888.335.6800
Fax: 216.397.4981